Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween Recap

6:15 PM Armed with 10 pounds of candy; a mixed blend of Kit Kats, Butterfingers, Almond Joys and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I stood poised and ready for the onslaught of tweeners bellowing:

"Trick or Treat!"

As if on cue, the trick-or-treaters showed up at 6:30 PM—a paltry offering of half-hearted pirates, weary witches and, "What are you?" [uncomfortable silence] "Um...I'm an Old Navy model!" I raised an eyebrow in disapproval, threw her my best hairy eyeball, but rewarded her with an Almond Joy anyway.

By 9:00 PM the doorbell thankfully stopped ringing, which was serendipitous given the state of the candy dish. With the flick of a switch, I turned off the porch light and declared Halloween over. Foo and I salvaged what was a busy but disappointing evening and curled up with the new Runner's World. Running a mile in 3:46:91? Now that's scary.

The Stats

  • Trick-or-Treaters: 64
  • Doorbell Rings: 19
  • Hour Range: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
  • Best costume: Bunny Foo Foo masquerading as a dust bunny

No comments: